5.23.2012

Open Call for Unpublished Journal Articles...

Long-time readers might be familiar with the murky origins of BlawgConomics. For those newer to the site, what you are reading right now was made possible by a (probably) rash decision which was (definitely) made at a popular post-lecture watering hole in DC a few years back. The decision? It was to forgo a certain hallowed law school rite of passage...journal competition. The decision-making process was impacted mainly by an understanding of the journal system and the fact that working on a journal doesn't have much correlation to being published in a journal. And as I like the sound of my own words above all else, the facts of journal life and my own desires were clearly incompatible. Yadda, yadda, yadda...BlawgConomics.

However, I am sure that there are a lot of readers who went to law school, were more responsible than me, and did their journal duty (and are probably glad to have proof of the experience on their resumes at interview time) who are sitting on unpublished articles at this very moment. Clearly there are many intelligent people out there who have something interesting to say who just don't have a forum. I think that is a shame because one of the things that I am proudest of with regards to the site is the fact that I have been able to provide a platform for ideas that might not be expressed otherwise.

Therefore, if you have a paper touching upon some of the typical areas of interest for BlawgConomics readers, I would love to be able to publish an abstract or summary for you. As I have done a few times in the past, I might even work with you to get a full-length article posted. I know it isn't the same as getting it posted in the Harvard Review of WhateverYouWroteAbout, but with Google and the regular traffic we receive here, it is very likely that people who are curious about your topic will get to see your work. And that is at least as good as it taking up space on your hard-drive. Contact me at editor (at) blawgconomics.com if you are interested.


Editor's note: I certainly don't discriminate, and have posted work from articles which did get published as well, so please feel free to contact me in either case.

No comments:

Post a Comment